Managing time effectively is fundamental to success. It also factors into achieving balance in our lives. Today, we’re busier than ever – at work and at home. Having enough time for things that are important, things we want or need to do, or even to have enough time to devote to a special project, there just isn’t enough time to go around.
This course is a practical “how to” that will guide you through the maze of conflicting priorities, self-doubts, disorganization, over-commitments, and limitations that in the past have kept you from successfully managing time. It offers a step-by-step format for achieving balance between your personal and professional lives.
As this course shows, managing time isn’t just about making lists. It’s about everything that encompasses your daily routine. Discover how beliefs and values factor into success. Find out what part sleep and nutrition play. Learn how including yourself in your “to do’s” helps create time for “special” projects you’ve put on the back burner. See how to stop wasting time on annoying situations. Learn to carve out more time for friends and family.
If life is in the details, then manage them well. This eleven-session course encompasses a variety of tools that, if used, will help you achieve what we all want – more time for things that matter and a better ability to manage it all. Making the time for this course could just be the key to creating enough time for you.
There are no educational requirements for taking this course other than a high school reading and writing level in English. All material will be given online so there are no required books or other materials to purchase.
- Lesson I – Beginnings
- Lesson II – Values & Beliefs
- Lesson III – Goals and Benchmarks – The Ladders of Success
- Lesson IV – Managing Projects and Commitments
- Lesson V – Prioritizing Your To Do’s
- Lesson VI – Designing the Projects that Matter
- Lesson VII – Inspired Action; Getting the Results you Need
- Lesson VIII – Tracking Projects
- Lesson IX – Managing for Accomplishment
- Lesson X – Tools that Work
- Lesson XI – And What Else?
90 – 100 % = A
80 – 89 % = B
70 – 79 % = C
Below 70 = F
Each lesson will be followed with a related exam and assignments to practice and test comprehension of lesson material.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the need in your life for time management.
- Define and prioritize your values and beliefs.
- Develop goals and benchmarks that measure your success.
- Demonstrate methods for managing projects and commitments.
- Describe prioritizing your ‘To Do’s’.
- Design the projects that matter.
- Find inspiration when you need it.
- Track projects.
- Manage for accomplishment